Why are NTC’s programs free?
All of NTC’s programs are completely free thanks to the generous support of sponsors who fund our programming for schools within their communities.
What’s the catch?
Seriously – there is no catch. There are no hidden costs or products being sold. Everything’s simply covered as a result of the funding from our sponsors.
How do NTC programs relate to classroom curriculum?
Our programs come with digital and/or printed educational materials that expand upon the content covered in the show. And no – there’s no cost for the materials either! All of our programs align with state educational standards and pair excellently with what students are learning in class.
How do I schedule a show?
You have three options:
- Go online to nationaltheatre.com and click ‘Book a Show.’
- Email [email protected].
- Call our offices at 1-800-858-3999 ext. 1.
In-School Show FAQs:
How long are the shows?
- Elementary school shows last for 25 minutes, middle school shows last for 40 minutes and high school shows last for 45 minutes.
- The actors arrive at the school about 30 minutes before the show’s scheduled start time to set everything up in the performance space. If you have more than one show scheduled, it takes about 10 minutes between shows for the actors to re-set and for the student groups to transition.
Where do you perform?
Any room that is large enough to comfortably seat your students and provide space for the actors to perform – cafeterias, gymnasiums, libraries, classrooms, you name it!
What do I need to provide to host a show at my school?
You won’t have to provide anything except a location for the show to take place. The actors will bring everything else they need.
Which students can see the show?
- We recommend our elementary school programs for grades K-6, middle school programs for grades 6-8 and high school programs for grades 9-12. However, there is flexibility for age-appropriate content around grades 5-6 and 8-9.
- Just so everyone can see and hear, we prefer to accommodate no more than 350 students per performance. For larger student populations, we’d be happy to do multiple performances back-to-back.